by Maria Koropecky, Wellness Coach
I coach Green Leaders on living the life that lights them up!
You may be wondering what I mean by Green Leaders. Well, to me Green Leaders have heart and interestingly enough, the colour associated with the Heart Chakra, is Emerald Green!
Our Green Intelligence is about our compassion and heart-felt feelings. Green balances our spirit world with our physical world so we can relate to others with unconditional love and kindness. Green is also the colour of nature, healing, and new beginnings.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to do work that allows you to share from your heart, to be of joyful service, to contribute in a meaningful way, to make the world an even better place, and to inspire others to do the same?
To me, that’s what being a Green Leader is all about and I invite you to give yourself a chance and to throw your hat into the ring!
Here are 25 signs you’re an up & coming Green Leader:
- You have a big heart and you care about people, animals, and our planet.
- You have a creative and nurturing spirit.
- You’ve been asking yourself questions like, “What’s my life’s purpose?” and you feel like there’s something really big out there waiting for you but you can’t seem to claim it just yet.
- Your new ideas for change have not always been well-received or understood and people have bullied, criticized, and harassed you for being different, but you’re still determined to keep going.
- You want to take on more leadership responsibilities at work but you don’t know how to communicate your intentions to the higher ups.
- You care about environmental stewardship, and you’ve volunteered on a clean up crew like the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup with the intention of doing that kind of work more often, or even starting your own similar group.
- You’ve been on a Green Committee at work or school and enjoyed discussing ideas on how to improve your organization’s Reduce, Reuse, and Recycling efforts.
- You’re what they call a “Green Consumer” and are mindful of the environment when you make your purchases, taking into consideration things like how the products are made, what the products are made from, and how far they’ve travelled to get to you.
- You’ve thought about voting Green in past elections but there weren’t any Green candidates on the ballot or you were afraid you’d split the vote.
- You look for ways to save money and stick to your budget and it bothers you when you notice things like money and resources being wasted.
- You can’t stand watching incompetent leaders be in charge and feel like you can do a better job.
- You’re opening your own business.
- You’ve been the first in your family, neighbourhood, class, or office to do something new and positive, paving the way for others to follow suit.
- You’d prefer your personal space to be neat, tidy, and organized but you’re still surrounded by clutter because it’s hard for you to throw things out.
- Although you have access to a car, you’re starting to choose to walk, ride a bike, take the bus, or join a carpool more often.
- You’re looking to optimize your health and wellness, and practice self-care, but you find yourself over-indulging in unhealthy behaviours from time to time.
- You’re interested in eating fresh, healthy, and organic food every day but you still order highly-packaged take-out dinners a few times a week for the convenience.
- Spirituality is becoming more important to you and you may be drawn to yoga classes, learning how to meditate, the personal growth movement, reading self-help, leadership, and spiritual books, attending workshops and seminars, distance running in charity events, going to church, praying, etc.
- You’re noticing moments of synchronicity, the interconnectedness of events that aren’t planned or repeatable, and it’s really cool!
- You’re an advocate for social justice and believe that all humans have a fundamental right to health, wellbeing, education, clean water, nourishing food, safe shelter, and freedom.
- You’ve been known to speak for those who have no voice.
- You’re grateful for the diversity in the animal, vegetable, and mineral kingdoms of the world.
- You marvel at nature’s beauty and enjoy camping, and nature hikes, and spending time outside in all kinds of weather.
- You’ve witnessed an environmental disaster first hand and are now motivated more than ever to find solutions and create changes that will lead to a healthy future on a global scale.
- Deep down, you’re optimistic about the future.
As you can see after reading this list, I’ve not painted the portrait of a perfect person or somebody who is better than everyone else even though they’re a leader because perfect is boring and more than that, perfect doesn’t exist, other than as a mathematical absolute. We’re all a work in progress and there’s always room to grow.
So, if you resonate with many of these qualities and you’d like to grow into your potential as a Green Leader and help make the world an even better place, please contact me, Maria. As a Wellness Coach, I can help!
Wellness Coaching Can Help You:
- discover what lights you up so you can do more of it;
- get clear about your life purpose and what you want to do as a Green Leader;
- remind yourself about what’s already working;
- uncover the hidden obstacles in your path;
- figure out ways to blast through the obstacles as they come up;
- make incremental changes that add up over time;
- tap your motivation to keep going; and
- be the Green Leader you were born to be!
I’m looking forward to hearing from you, Maria